· Virginia has one of the largest 4-H camping programs in the nation.
· Camp improves the lives of children, youth, and families.
· Virginia 4-H Camps are safe, accessible and affordable!
· Camp enables children to grow to be caring, contributing, successful members of society.
· Camp builds life skills like making connections & self- confidence.
What do the campers say?
“After attending camp, I was better able to...”:
· “...take responsibility for my actions” - 71%
· “...work as a team” - 68%
· “...make new friends” - 63%
· “...make decisions for myself” - 60%
· “...enjoy learning new skills” - 71%
· “...enjoy helping others” - 69%
· “...express my opinions with others” - 56%
For more information:
· Contact your local Extension Oﬃce
· Contact your local 4‐H Educational Center
· Visit www.ext.vt.edu/resources/4h/
Virginia 4-H Centers are accredited by the American Camp Association.
Virginia Cooperative Extension materials are available for public use, reprint, or citation without further permission, provided the use includes credit to the author and to Virginia Cooperative Extension, Virginia Tech, and Virginia State University.
Virginia Cooperative Extension is a partnership of Virginia Tech, Virginia State University, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and local governments. Its programs and employment are open to all, regardless of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, military status, or any other basis protected by law.
September 30, 2013